Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Raw Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Ok, so for those of you who know me, I am NOT vegan by any means. I do like me some meat and dairy. However, since the a/c has been broken, I have had to be creative. Thus, the raw food kick lately. Here is a little something I whipped up last week. It still needs some tweaking, but will do for now.

Crust:
3 cups raw pecans
5 medjool dates
1/4-1/2 cup agave nectar

Process pecans in a food processor until they are finely ground, but not forming butter. Add the dates and process until they are finely chopped. With the machine running, add the agave nectar. I didn't measure this, so add it until you can press the mixture together and it holds together nicely. Press this into a spring-form pan that has been greased with coconut oil. Set aside.

Filling:
1 1/2 cups raw cashews or macadamia nuts
Meat from 1 thai coconut
1/4 cup fresh coconut water
Approx. 1/2 cup agave nectar
Vanilla (extract or scraped vanilla bean)

Process the cashews or macadamia nuts until they are finely ground. Add the rest of the ingredients except agave nectar, and process until mixed thoroughly. With the machine running, add the agave nectar (again, I didn't measure, so add until it's sweet enough to your liking). Pour into the pan and spread over crust.

Topping:
1/4 cup raw carob powder
Agave nectar

Add agave nectar to carob powder until thin enough to drizzle over the cake.

Sprinkle with fresh raspberries and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.


DO NOT drop the entire cake upside-down on the carpet like I did. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lea
    I hope this doesn't come up twice... having trouble here.

    I have a Twitter feed for raw vegan cheesecake and your post came up so I have used it on my blog with a credit to you and a link back to your blog, of course. Thanks so much for the contribution! It sounds very yummy!

    ReplyDelete