Tuesday, July 21, 2009

EC - 15 week update

Ok, so here's how the Elimination Communication adventure has been going. We started this from the day Leonidas was born, and so far, so good. We began by holding him over the potty, which was great with a 6 lb. 8 oz. baby. Ten weeks later - at 15lbs. 1 oz. - not so much. So, for the sake of my back, we decided to get him a potty. We got the Baby Bjorn Little Potty, and he LOVES it. He peed in it the first time we tried. That was easy...or so I thought.

The biggest problem has been figuring out his "cues". He began by crying a certian way when he had to go. Then he moved on to hitting me - hard. That was pretty easy to read - until he began hitting EVERYTHING as a way of playing. So we decided to teach him the sign for "pee-pee", which is working well. He has signed pee-pee a few times, but usually just gies me a certain "look" when he has to go. Lately, we've been going more on timing than anything else. He goes when he wakes up and right after he eats. He alsu usually goes during a feeding - he comes off the breast and looks at me like, "Well, take me to the potty, and hurry up about it!"

Today we went 24 hours without a diaper for the first time, and last night was his second night diaper-free, with no accidnets. Yay! Only two accidents today, which, for a three-month-old, is not bad! Tonight he's sleeping away again, and so far, no misses. We got him a bunch of tiny underwear and a few pairs of training pants. He looks so grown up in his little boxer-briefs, laying next to daddy on the bed. I don't want to fall asleep every night - I just want to look at them both. They are so precious to me. I can't believe how much my little boy is like his daddy! I'm so blessed to have them both, and I don't thank God nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment