Monday, May 30, 2011

Gardening Adventures - Week 9

I know, it's been too long since I've been on here. My garden is still growing, albeit rather slowly.

I transplanted my broccoli, jalapenos, and onions. My onions are doing ok, but like everything else, growth is slow.



Most of my broccoli died, but I have three little sprouts that hung on for dear life, and they are getting more leaves and growing a bit, but are still just sprouts. I'm still hopeful.



The peppers...they seem to be stuck, not growing but not dying. Not sure what to think about that.



My corn is still growing, but not near harvest yet.



My carrots I thinned a little, and they are doing great.



The pumpkins are still slow growing, but steady.



My soybeans finally have teeny, tiny buds on them and may flower this week.





The best of all are the purple beans, which have lovely flowers coming out now and are by far the healthiest things in the garden (besides the weeds).




I also found purslane growing in both front and back yards, which makes me happy (I'm on a bit of an edible weed kick lately).

Oh, and the craziest part: the rose bushes we tore out of the ground to make room for the garden.

We tore them out and shoved them (in pieces) behind the a/c unit, and it has apparently re-planted itself there and is thriving! I guess life really does find a way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment