Thursday, April 7, 2011

Raw Spaghetti - Unbelievably Good!

So I know there are tons of recipes out there for raw marinara sauce, but I honestly didn't expect this dish to taste ANYTHING like spaghetti. OMG was I wrong! I cheated and heated it for just a few seconds in the microwave to warm it slightly, because I'm still a little put-off by eating cold spaghetti, but seriously, even cold, it was amazing! I had to have two helpings :)

Raw Spaghetti

3 vine-ripened tomatoes

3 sun dried tomato halves

2-3 Tbsp. olive oil

1 small handful fresh basil leaves

1 small handful fresh parsley

1 date

Juice from ½ lemon

1 clove of garlic

Salt to taste

1 zucchini

Nutritional yeast for garnish (“parmesan cheese sprinkle”)

In food processor, process tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, parsley, date, lemon juice, garlic, and salt until pureed. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices, then into 1/8-inch sticks. Top with marinara and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, if desired.


I would have taken a picture, but I ate it so quickly I didn't have time, lol. I was starving! I WILL be making this again, though, so pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment